The Columbus Symphony Orchestra’s Internship Program provides hands-on training and experience for high school students, college students, and recent graduates interested in careers in arts administration and related fields. All internships are part time and unpaid with flexible hours. College credit is available upon request and school approval.
Description: The intern will provide assistance on administrative and artistic projects.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with creating marketing plans and generating new ideas and tactics with CSO Marketing Director.
- Assist with formatting and designing visual marketing materials.
- Assist with providing support for various marketing and promotional projects including, but not limited to: social media, E-blasts, press releases, database mailings, and other digital and print marketing.
- Assist with maintaining and organizing financial and donor sponsorship databases used by the office.
- Assist with maintaining music library, office supplies, archival materials, and CSO website.
- Assist with the sale of programs ads and group tickets (school and private) to various concerts.
Successful Applicants Will Demonstrate:
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- An ability to interact positively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- An ability to learn new technology and processes quickly.
- A sincere desire to make classical music accessible to new and diverse audiences.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of Eric M. Thomas, Executive Director. Cover letters should outline career goals, how this internship fits within those goals, experience in arts management, and availability.
Eric M. Thomas
Columbus Symphony Orchestra
Columbus, GA 31902